Wednesday, September 24, 2014
The first towel animal any beginner should start with is a swan. It is a simple one towel project that starts with the towel in the landscape position, and follows these steps.
• Fold the top two corners downward to meet in the middle
• Roll the outside edges into the center, resulting in an upward pointing arrow
• Fold the arrow into a Z shape that should look like a swan
Two swan figure’s necks can form a heart shape if placed in the right position.
A more advanced towel folder can utilize more towels in each creation. One adorable towel animal of note is the hanging towel monkey, which is formed out of a bath towel, a washcloth, a clothes hanger, and two clothes pins. Again start with the towel in a landscape position and follow these steps.
• Roll both sides of the towel until they meet in the middle
• Fold in half with the rounded sides facing out
• Face the circle ends towards you
• Expose the corner in each circle slightly
• Pull both left corners to the left and both right corners to the right
• Hang the body from the clothes hanger using the clothes pins
• Take the washcloth and fold it in half to form a triangle
• Fold the sides into the middle resulting in a square
• Fold the square in half
• Open the folded end and pull it over the corners
• Place the head between the arms and you have your monkey
These are just a few of the creative options possible when learning to fold a towel into a fun animal. Surprise a loved one with a creation that is not difficult to make and comes from the heart.
by: Palmetto Linen